Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Welcome

I must say, this is rather exciting! Never blogged before in my life and I can't wait to post my first entry. I've been reading other food blogs for a while now and it just seemed like a no brainer to start one of my own :)


Here at the college diet, I will be documenting every bite I take as a college student while living in the heart of Los Angeles. You'll find that most of my meals will consist of campus dining, restaurant entrees, and (literally) 5 minute home-cooked meals (seriously, kudos to those who actually COOK during the weekdays). 


For the most part, I try to stay healthy. But every once in a while-- maybe more often than I would like to admit-- I'll splurge on ice cream, pizza, burgers, cake, pies......and the list can go on and on...


You see I definitely had my share of fad diets and crazy workouts. Low carb, low fat, 10, 5 and even 3 day diets just never worked. Why...? Because whenever I was suppose to NOT think about food, food was ALL that I can think about. 


Now that I am taking initiative to give in to my cravings. Not only any I happier and have a better body image, I'm also healthier because I don't feel the need to binge on items to which I have been deprived in my diets.


So my philosophy? Make every bite count! Enjoy every crumble, every crunch, and every last dripping of fat! Cut back when you can and never apologize for being indulgent.


Perhaps this is the secret to college too?.....Even life...? :)


I will leave you wonderful readers with this final thought as I embark on what I hope to be a marvelous journey with The College Diet.





No comments:

Post a Comment