Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Revelation

I was really glad today when TL wanted Lemonade for lunch. Although there are many healthy options on campus, Lemonade by far was the most nutritious and best tasting.


As always, they had a huge selection of market fresh salads, braises, and sandwiches...





I decided to have:
orrechietta, tomato, perlini mozzarella, red pepper vinaigrette

cauliflower, golden raisins, almonds, curry

israeli couscous, wild mushrooms, parmesan, lemon truffle
avocado, cherry tomatoes, pine nuts, lime


Everything was SO fresh and good! I was feeling really happy and energized until...


the thought of ice cream sandwich overtook my brain...







Of course I just HAD to get one...(it also doesn't help that TL was an instigator). I ordered espresso chip ice cream to be sandwiched between a peanut butter cookie and a white chocolate macadamian nut cookie.


All during OChem, I was basically in a sugary catatonic state. Ironically, today's lesson was on carbohydrates and lipids. Why is it ironic?


"Class, it's often a misconception that fats make you fat. Of course it depends on the type of fat...but generally, fats don't make you fat...sugar does."-- Hogan-Tisch


Even my 70-something professor knows that!
From now on, I'll definitely try to stop eating sugar...................[so much]
Cause let me tell you, the crash later is NOT worth it............[all the time...maybe sometimes, but not all the time]

No comments:

Post a Comment