Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Vitamins

The best part about waking up early is getting the chance to have brunch. Today, I concocted a meal with a poached egg, broiled white fillet on whole wheat English Muffin and mustard, and a spring mix salad with walnuts and Asian Sesame dressing.



This folic acid and omega-3 rich meal reminded me of a recent article that I read...

This year, studies have shown that almost 50% of US adults take at least one dietary supplement a day and the numbers continue to increase year by year. The most popular supplement is calcium... which isn't surprising considering the increase in osteoporosis and other bone-density related awareness in the past years.


Interesting enough, those who take dietary supplements are usually those who are educated, have good income, and already obtain enough nutrition from their normal, daily diets. In other words, it seems that those who are taking dietary supplements are those who don't necessarily need them.

As for me, it's hard to know whether I'm getting the recommended amount of vitamins and minerals due to my busy and unpredictable college schedule. Thus, I make sure to take a Centrum multiviatmin/multimineral daily.



With Centrum, I am able to maintain healthy skin, good cholesterol, good blood pressure, a happy composure, and many other benefits by meeting my dietary needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment